Position Vacant: NSW Events and Committee Liaison Coordinator
We are seeking a full time NSW Events and Committee Liaison Coordinator to join our Not For Profit organisation working from our office located in ANZ Stadium, Sydney Olympic Park. The position will suit someone with an interest in the Not For Profit sector and the rugby league community.
POSITION: NSW EVENTS AND COMMITTEE LIAISON COORDINATOR
REPORTS TO: CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
The Men of League Foundation is a membership-based Non for Profit organisation that provides emotional, physical and financial support to the men, women and children of the rugby league community.
The Foundation assists past players, administrators, referees and volunteers across all affiliated levels of the game, subject to the necessity of their needs. Necessitous circumstances are defined as someone in genuine need and unable to overcome that need from his or her own resources.
Funds are raised under an approved deductible gift recipient status. All financial assistance is subject to specific criteria.
Emotional and physical assistance is provided in many different ways, with volunteers around the country providing pastoral care, along with providing referrals to aligned professionals if required.
The Men of League Foundation charter is not to administer or develop the game on the field, rather to help celebrate its rich history and assist those in times of need through our membership-based family.
NSW Events and Committee Liaison Coordinator will be responsible for assisting all National and NSW volunteer committees around the state. Reporting to the NSW State Manager this position will work closely with National Manager, Membership and Fundraising, Chair and members of the Board’s Membership, Marketing and Communications Committee, volunteer committee office bearers and representatives of the broader community that assist the Foundation achieve its objectives.
- Coordinate all aspects of National and NSW events from conception to completion in association with relevant personnel
- Financial and management reporting on National and NSW volunteer committee events
- Assist in and delivering all NSW programs in line with strategic and operational plans
- Planning, delivery and management of memorabilia along with guidance on theming to volunteer committee members
- In association with relevant managers, coordinate NSW activities within national fundraising, sponsorship and awareness campaigns
- Work closely with contracted marketing team to deliver event and sponsorship activation
- Assist State Manager to deliver National and State objectives
- Work across teams at National and State office level to provide assistance as required
- Attend meetings as required
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Qualifications in a relevant discipline
- Experience in event fundraising
- Previous experience in a Not for Profit organisation
- Proven administration experience
- Experience working with volunteers
- Knowledge of the rugby league community
- Proven history in data collection and management systems
- Customer and personal service related experience
- Demonstrated capacity to collaborate effectively and work as part of a team
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills with attention to detail
- Intermediate to advanced IT skills, in particular Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated capacity to multi-task
- Previous experience working with volunteers strongly desired
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Current driver’s license
Please send a cover letter and your CV to email@example.com by COB Friday 23rd June 2017, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and must be available for interviews in Sydney from 3 July to 5 July 2017.