Position Vacant: National Manager, Membership and Fundraising
We are seeking a full time National Manager, Membership and Fundraising to join our Not For Profit organisation working from our office located in ANZ Stadium, Sydney Olympic Park. The position will suit someone with an interest in the Not For Profit sector and the rugby league community.
POSITION: NATIONAL MANAGER, MEMBERSHIP AND FUNDRAISING
REPORTS TO: CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
The Men of League Foundation is a membership-based Non for Profit organisation that provides emotional, physical and financial support to the men, women and children of the rugby league community.
The Foundation assists past players, administrators, referees and volunteers across all affiliated levels of the game, subject to the necessity of their needs. Necessitous circumstances are defined as someone in genuine need and unable to overcome that need from his or her own resources.
Funds are raised under an approved deductible gift recipient status. All financial assistance is subject to specific criteria.
Emotional and physical assistance is provided in many different ways, with volunteers around the country providing pastoral care, along with providing referrals to aligned professionals if required.
The Men of League Foundation charter is not to administer or develop the game on the field, rather to help celebrate its rich history and assist those in times of need through our membership-based family.
National Manager Membership and Fundraising is a critical role that supports the Foundation’s financial sustainability by devising and implementing strategies consistent with the Foundation’s charter and status as a Not-for-Profit charity.
The role is responsible for devising and implementing membership recruitment and retention strategies and membership collateral, as well as sponsorship and fundraising activities designed to ensure wellbeing commitments can be met.
- Data-base Coordinator
- Events and Committee Liaison (NSW)
- Events and Committee Liaison (QLD)
- Administration Officer (NSW)
- Drive the strategic development, policy formulation and management of the organisation in terms of membership and fundraising
- Promote accountability and success through the development and implementation of organisation-wide plans, performance measurements and achievement of results
- Provide effective leadership and support across the organisation
- Ensure the long term sustainability of the organisation
- Work closely with State Managers to identify and deliver national objectives, to be delivered by the volunteer committees across the foundation
- Formulate and enact appropriate strategies, policies and procedures to sustain the core objectives of Men of League Foundation with respect to financial sustainability, specifically through membership and fundraising
- In consultation with the CEO and Chair of the relevant Board committee, oversee fundraising planning and implementation, including identifying resource requirements, establishing strategies to approach sponsors, submitting proposals and administrating fundraising records and documentation.
- Manage National awareness and fundraising campaigns, ensuring all contractual, financial and management records are maintained
- Develop, enhance, grow and deliver community engagement program, including third party fundraising
- Create a range of innovative, effective and professionally run community engagement programs, communications and activities
- Manage design, marketing, promotion, delivery and quality of membership and fundraising projects in association with relevant Board Committees, staff and contractors.
- Work closely with the Foundation’s contracted marketing team to deliver event, community engagement and sponsorship activations
- Liaise with the NRL marketing department and NRL clubs on co-managed events
- In concert with CEO, engage with and manage our major sponsors and donors to ensure obligations are met
- Ensure the organization and its mission, programs, products and services are consistently presented in strong, positive image to relevant stakeholders
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline
- Commercially astute with a successful track record in a managerial role, preferably in a membership-based organisation
- Previous experience in developing successful and strategic fundraising and marketing outcomes, ideally in the Not-for-Profit sector
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Intermediate to advanced IT skills, particularly in Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of the Rugby League community highly desirable
- Proven track record of working with volunteers
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong commitment to delivering superb customer service
- Ability to achieve results within time constraints and conflicting priorities
- Ability to work methodically and with attention to detail
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to work autonomously as well as in a team environment
- Openness to change and innovation
Please send a cover letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB Friday 23rd June 2017. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and must be available for interviews in Sydney between July 3rd to July 5th.