Position Vacant: Queensland State Manager
We are seeking a full time Queensland State Manager to join our Not For Profit organisation working from our office located in Rugby League Central QLD at 83 Castlemaine Street Milton. The position will suit someone with an interest in the Not For Profit sector and the rugby league community.
POSITION: Queensland State Manager
REPORTS TO: Chief Executive Officer
The Men of League Foundation is a membership-based Non for Profit organisation that provides emotional, physical and financial support to the men, women and children of the rugby league community.
The Foundation assists past players, administrators, referees and volunteers across all affiliated levels of the game, subject to the necessity of their needs. Necessitous circumstances are defined as someone in genuine need and unable to overcome that need from his or her own resources.
Funds are raised under an approved deductible gift recipient status. All financial assistance is subject to specific criteria.
Emotional and physical assistance is provided in many different ways, with volunteers around the country providing pastoral care, along with providing referrals to aligned professionals if required.
The Men of League Foundation charter is not to administer or develop the game on the field, rather to help celebrate its rich history and assist those in times of need through our membership-based family.
Queensland State Manager has responsibility for planning, directing and coordinating the overall operations of the Foundation in Queensland. The role manages the development of an active, engaged and sustainable volunteer community in the state, as well as identifying and securing financial support from volunteer committee activities and being responsible for wellbeing relationships.
- Wellbeing Officer
- Event Manager
- Administration Officer
- Demonstrated successful management of the organisation in QLD
- Promote accountability and success through the development and implementation of QLD focussed plans, performance measurements and achievement of results
- Provide effective leadership and support across the organisation in QLD
- Overseeing Wellbeing management across the volunteer committees, in association with Wellbeing Officer
- Manage and oversee the operation of each volunteer committee in QLD, ensuring compliance and conformity with national strategies and operational plans
- Drive continuous improvement in volunteer committee operations, particularly with respect to membership recruitment and retention, fundraising, wellbeing provision and corporate governance principles
- Recommend establishment/disestablishment of volunteer committees on the basis of business plans
- Ensure accurate financial and management reports are submitted by volunteer committees and conformity with MOLF guidelines, policies and procedures
- Media and communication liaison and training with volunteer committees as required
- Effective liaison with all operational units within the organisation to achieve agreed operational procedures
- Identify, implement and manage key stakeholder engagements, including partnerships
- Manage all operational requirements of Qld office and staff
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Tertiary qualifications in business, marketing or related discipline
- Commercially astute with a successful track record in a managerial role, preferably in a membership-based or Not-for-Profit organisation
- Previous experience in working with volunteers and fundraising is desirable
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Intermediate to advanced IT skills, particularly in Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of the Rugby League community essential
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong commitment to delivering excellent customer service
- Ability to achieve results within time constraints and conflicting priorities
- Ability to work methodically and with attention to detail
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to work autonomously as well as in a team environment
- Openness to change and innovation
Please send a cover letter and your CV to email@example.com by COB Friday 23rd June 2017, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and must be available for interviews on Thursday 6th July 2017. Please do not call the office direct.