Please find following the most frequently asked Men of League Foundation membership questions.
- When will membership be on sale?
Membership will be on sale in February 2019 for both renewing and new members. A specific on-sale date will be communicated to you via email.
- Will my membership number change?
No, you will retain your membership number. If you don’t renew your membership, your member number will remain in the database and will not be assigned to any other member.
- Will you send me an invoice annually and will I have the same payment options?
Previous members will receive a renewal notice via mail and email in February 2019.
If you renew your membership via credit card or bank transfer, you will automatically be added to the annual payment plan. After your initial renewal, you will receive notification of your payment annually, one month prior to the payment date. You will be given the option to opt out of the plan one month prior to your next payment.
If you pay via cash, money order or cheque, you will be sent renewal forms each year asking you to renew your membership.
For 2019, we are introducing a BPay option which will be available to renewing members only. Information on this will be provided on your renewal forms.
- I would like to pay by credit card/bank transfer, but I don’t want to be on the automatic payment plan.
You will be given the option to opt out of the plan when membership is due for renewal in February 2020. You will receive this notice one month before the payment is scheduled to be deducted.
- Can I pick the month that my membership is renewed?
Membership renewal will occur in February each year. Members on the payment plan will be renewed automatically in February. Those not on the plan will always be asked to renew their membership in February. Renewals will be open all year, however members are encouraged to renew their membership as close as possible to February to maximise the value for money, i.e. renewing from March onwards may result in not receiving certain membership news and partner offers. If you renew after a magazine deadline, we will backdate the magazines for the year to ensure you receive all three copies. You cannot choose when the payment will come out if you are on the payment plan. It will always occur in February.
- What happens to my membership if I paid in the last few months of 2018? Will I need to pay extra in February 2019?
All members will be asked to renew in February 2019 regardless of when they signed up, but can also sign up later in the year if they choose. Membership renewals are open all year from February to December.
- What are the new membership categories?
A new Junior membership has been introduced for 2019. Juniors must be aged 16 and under to qualify for this membership.
Pricing for membership categories is as follows:
-Wellbeing membership donation: $35
A $5 discount will apply when purchasing online (excluding Corporate/Juniors). $15 will apply if members would like their magazine posted (excluding Corporate). Juniors do not receive a magazine.
- What are the benefits I will receive under the new membership model? When will I receive my new membership pack?
You should expect your pack 4-6 weeks after your purchase. For membership pack inclusions, please visit menofleague.com/membership
- I want all of my membership fees to go towards the Foundation, and have no need for the merchandise items. Is it possible to opt out of receiving the membership pack?
There is an option both online and on the renewal forms to opt out of receiving a merchandise pack.
- What is the ‘Donate a Membership’ program?
You can donate a membership to a wellbeing recipient for an additional $35 on your membership form or online. This will allow the recipient to receive all of the bronze membership items as well as postage of their magazine.
- If I donate a membership to a wellbeing recipient, can I nominate the person? How do I know the membership has been delivered?
Through the ‘donate a membership’ program, recipients remain anonymous however donors will receive general updates on where donations have been utilised.
If you want to purchase a membership as a gift or donation for a particular person, we encourage you to provide their details during the purchase process.
- How do I find my username and password to renew online?
Your username and password will be printed on your renewal forms and sent via email. You need to enter these details at menofleague.com/membership to gain access to the $5 discount.
- When will I receive my magazines?
The Men of League Foundation Magazine will be sent out in March, July and November every year.
- What happens if someone buys membership for me as a gift and I would like to take over the payment in the future?
They should purchase it in your name with your details, so when you receive your payment reminder, simply contact the national office on 02 8756 7190 to change the payment information.
- What happens if a prospective member provides cash to a committee member at an event?
Committees can no longer accept cash payments or deposit membership fees into the Committee bank account as this disrupts accurate financial reconciliation for the membership program. Sending cash via the mail is illegal and will not be accepted. Committees are encouraged to collect the personal details of the prospective member and forward this to this staff at the National Office for follow up. Committees are able to collect credit card/cheque/money order information on the new member form and forward to the National Office for processing.
- Why is it cheaper to renew online?
We offer a $5 discount to incentivise online renewals. This is due to the large amount of time and money it takes to process renewals over the phone and via post.
- Will my years of membership be recognised?
We understand that many of our members have been there from inception and we would like to acknowledge this. Your member since date will be printed on your membership card.
- What if my member since date is incorrect?
Please contact the national office and we will look to work on a solution. There have been a number of different databases used over the years, so there may be some data inaccuracies. We are happy to reprint your membership card free of charge to rectify the issue.
- What if I lose an item of my welcome pack? Can I reorder it?
We can reorder an entire pack for $15 and a membership card for $5.