Please find following the most frequently asked Men of League Foundation membership questions.
- How can I join as a member?
- When will I receive my renewal information?
Renewal forms are sent to existing members in February each year via post and email.
- Can I pick my renewal month?
Membership renewal will occur in February each year. Renewals will be open all year, however, members are encouraged to renew their membership as close as possible to February to maximise the value for money, i.e. renewing after March may result in not receiving certain magazine editions, membership news and partner offers.
- What are the new membership categories?
There are four levels:
- Bronze (previously known as ‘Standard’): $25
- Silver: $55
- Gold: $115
- Corporate: $1000
A $5 discount will apply when purchasing online (excluding Corporate). A $10 fee will apply if members would like their magazine posted (excluding Corporate).
- What is the difference between a ‘Standard’ and ‘Bronze’ membership?
There is no difference, we have just renamed ‘Standard’ to ‘Bronze’.
- Why has the cost of membership changed?
In order to be in a better position to help those in the rugby league community who are most in need, we have had to place a larger emphasis on membership as a viable revenue stream.
- Why is it cheaper to renew online?
We offer a $5 discount to incentivise online renewals. This is due to the large amount of time and money it takes to process renewals over the phone and via post.
- What benefits will I receive under the new membership model?
- A personalised member card
- Bumper sticker
- Personalised mouse pad (Silver only)
- Personalised mug (Gold and Corporate only)
- Commemorative coin (Corporate only)
- A Men of League Magazine subscription (3 per year)
- Members-only emails
- Partner offers
- Discounts on events (Silver, Gold and Corporate)
- How do I renew online?
Existing members have been sent their username and temporary password via email and mail. These details will need to be entered on the membership page in order to receive the $5 discount.
- Can I pay for my membership via a monthly payment plan?
No, membership fees cannot be debited monthly.
- Can I pay for my membership on an annual basis?
Yes, your membership will automatically be set on an annual payment plan when you pay with a credit card. You are required to opt out of this payment in January if you no longer wish to be a member. If you do not opt out in January, your payment will be processed in February.
- What is an automatic renewal and how does it work?
If you renew your membership via credit card or bank transfer, you will automatically be added to the annual payment plan. After your initial renewal, you will receive notification of your payment annually, one month prior to the payment date. If you pay via money order or cheque, you will be sent renewal forms each year asking you to renew your membership.
- If I don’t want my membership to automatically renew, what can I do?
You will be given the option to opt out of the plan when membership is due for renewal each year. You will receive this notice one month before the payment is scheduled to be taken out.
- Why can’t I pay via cash?
By law we cannot accept cash via the post.
- When should I expect to receive my membership pack?
Your pack will arrive approximately 4-6 weeks after your membership purchase.
- I would prefer not to receive any merchandise items, how do I let the Foundation know?
There is an option on your renewal forms to opt out of receiving these items. You can also update this online by logging into your account with your username and password and clicking on the ‘additional information’ tab.
- I have been recruited by another member or a local committee. How do I let you know?
There is an option on your renewal forms to let us know these details. You can also inform us online by logging in to your account with your username and password and clicking on the ‘additional information’ tab.
- When will I receive my magazine subscription?
The Men of League Foundation Magazine will be sent out in March, July and November every year. You will receive this subscription via email unless you have opted to pay the additional $10 for postage during the renewal/sign up process.
- What is the length of a membership?
Memberships are valid from February to January the following year.
- Will my membership number change?
No, you will retain your membership number. If you don’t renew your membership, your member number will remain in the database and will not be assigned to any other member.
- Where can I find my membership number?
Your membership number will be printed on your membership card which will be sent with your membership pack.
- Will my years of membership be recognised?
We understand that many of our members have been with us from the very beginning and we would like to acknowledge this. Your member since date will be printed on your membership card.
- What if my member since date is incorrect?
Please contact the National Office and we will look to work on a solution. There have been a number of different databases used over the years, so there may be some data inaccuracies. We are happy to reprint your membership card free of charge to rectify the issue.
- What happens if I lose my membership pack – can it be reordered?
We can reorder an entire pack for $15 and a membership card for $5.
- Can I change my membership type after my initial renewal?
You can upgrade your membership and at any time of the year by contacting the membership team via phone or email.
- How can I update my personal details?
Login to your membership account with your username and password, click ‘View or Renew membership’ and ‘Update your contact details’.
- How can I update my password?
You can update your password online by logging into your membership account and clicking on ‘Update your password’.
- How do I contact the membership team?